11 K Race is a point-to-point road race, taking runners from Moti lal Nehru stadium(Lal Parade Ground) drifting towards K.N Tiraha to Polytechnic Square to Ghour Mahal Square taking runners through VIP Road to Kashiyana Bungalow and then taking a U-turn crossing Gohar Mahal reaching Mazar Chouraha entering BRTS corridor reaching Polytechnic Square towards Baan Ganga Square to Hotel Palash finally culminating at Tatya Tope Stadium T.T Nagar. The course takes runners through the beautiful ambiance of Bhopal city with its green surroundings, hillocks and lake.
The Registration Fee for the Marathon is as below
January 15th 2019 – October 31st,2019
October 31st,2019 – November 15,2019
- All Registration Fees are to be paid online and in full before your race entry can be confirmed
- If you have a coupon code, you may avail its value by entering the coupon code during the payment part of your online registration
The minimum age to register is 15 years. (Consent of parents required if age < 18 years).
11 K Race is a point-to-point road race, taking runners from the Moti Lal Nehru Stadium ground to the assigned route, as described in race course to the finish line at the T.T Nagar Stadium.
- The 11K Race will start at 7am on 1st December 2019.
- Runners can start to assemble at the start area from 6 am onwards.
- Runners will start in waves based on their Start Corral. Start corrals will be assigned to you based on your registration, on first come first serve basis for a lot of 500 each. Also, bulk participants would be accommodated, as far as practicable, in same corrals.
Race Cut off time / Course Limit
- In order to qualify as an official 11K Race finisher, a runner must finish 11 km within the 2 hours (two hours) course limit.
- After the stipulated cutoff times for each progressive km distance, calculated at a running speed of 12 min per Km, the runner will be asked to either get into the sweep vehicle and receive a DNF (Did Not Finish) for the race or may be asked run on the footpath / sidewalk at their own risk, as roads will be have to be opened to the regular vehicular traffic. Please note: course support (volunteers, entertainment, water, energy drinks, food or medical aid) cannot be guaranteed after the cutoff times.
Course Closing Bus / Sweep Bus
Finishing the 11K Race by 9AM means maintaining an average pace of close to12 minutes a kilometre. The race course is opened to traffic on a rolling schedule as participants make their way to the finish. In order to ensure safety, a sweep vehicle and bus follows the race route to pick up participants who are unable to maintain this pace on a consistent basis. Participants are required to board the sweep bus when so instructed by race officials. If the participant chooses to run on the footpath they do so at their own risk without any support from Bhopal Runners. Course marshals are instructed to record bib numbers of all participants who do not board the bus when instructed to do so.
Bib/Race Kit Collection
Race Kit can be collected at the Expo
Venue: Gammon India Mall
Date: 28th & 29th November, 2019
Time: 10 AM - 6PM
The runners who are from out of station can collect their race kit on November 30th from 10 AM-5PM.
- A runner will be allowed the run the race only with an official Race BIB issued by the organizers of the Bhopal Runners.
- A runner can be disqualified from the race, if their BIB is altered in any way or tampered with.
- You will not be allowed to enter the Start Area or Finish Area without your Race BIB.
- You can be stopped by a race official if your Race BIB is not displayed properly and removed from the course if you do not have a BIB.
- Please display your BIB on your front, pinned to your shirt on the chest area.
- Do not bend, tamper or remove your RFID timing chip from the back of your BIB.
Timing Chip / RFID Tag
- The 11k is an officially timed race and every registered runner will be given a pre-assigned RFID timing chip along with the Race BIB.
- You have to cross all the timing mats on the course including the start and finish mats to receive your correct finish time and a finisher's certificate.
- Damaging the RFID tag might render your results invalid.
- The RBR 11k Run course is a one way, point-to-point course.
- The course has a net gain in elevation from start to finish. Please study the elevation gains properly and evaluate your capabilities.
- Even though the course will be closed to vehicular traffic and will be manned by police and race volunteers, you will have to be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- You will have to follow the instructions of the police, route marshals or race officials at all times.
- There will be about 17 water and aid stations along the course.
- Toilets will be available at the Start, along the course and finish Area.
- A medical aid station with health care professionals will be near every water station and ambulances placed along the route.
- A field hospital / medical station will be available at the finish point for any medical emergencies.
- You will have various entertainment stations along the route.
- Please give way to any emergency vehicles and let them pass you safely.
Note: * subject to change
All registered participants are entitled to:
- All race related instructions and communications
- A technical fabric short - sleeved official race t-shirt (your preferred size based on stock availability on a first come basis)
- Access to the Health & fitness Marathon Expo
- A runner's race kit given at the Race Expo
- An official race BIB
- A RFID electronic timing tag along with your race BIB
- Access to the Start Area amenities and entertainment
- Baggage Check/Counter facilities
- Permission to run on the official marathon route with a visible race BIB
- Water, energy drinks and snacks along the route.
- Entertainment along the course
- Medical aid
- A world-class, official Full marathon finisher's medal upon completing the race.
- Post race refreshments