Half Marathon is a 21.0975 Km point-to-point road race, taking runners on a journey through picturesque Bhopal starting from a course of Moti lal Nehru stadium (Lal Parade ground) drifting towards K.N Tiraha to Polytechnic Square to Gohar Mahal Square taking runners through VIP Road to Kashiyana Bungalow and then taking a U-turn crossing Gohar Mahal reaching Mazar Chouraha and then taking right towards C.M House. The route then enters the upper lake through Boat Club road which is also the venue of no vehicle zone called Rahgiri. The race route passes through the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya making it quite an experience for the runner, continues all along and reaching Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya exit Gate taking runners to Depot Square towards finally culminating at Tatya Tope Stadium at T. T Nagar. Tatya Tope Stadium Bhopal, a World Class Fully Equipped Multisport Complex.
The Registration Fee for the Marathon is as below
April 1st 2019 – October 31st,2019
October 31st,2019 – November 15,2019
- All Registration Fees are to be paid online and in full before your race entry can be confirmed
- If you have a coupon code, you may avail its value by entering the coupon code during the payment part of your online registration
The minimum age to run the half marathon is 18 years.
Half Marathon is a 21.0975 Km point-to-point road race, taking runners on a journey through picturesque Bhopal starting from a course of MotiLal Nehru stadium (Lal Parade ground) to finish line at the T.T.Nagar Stadium.
- The Half Marathon will start at 6:30 AM on Sunday, 1st December, 2019.
- Runners can start to assemble at the start area from 5.30 AM onwards.
- Runners will start in waves based on their Start Corral. Start corrals will be assigned to you based on your registration, on first come first serve basis for a lot of 500 each. Also, bulk participants would be accommodated, as far as practicable, in same corrals.
Race Cut off time / Course Limit
- In order to qualify as an official half marathon finisher, a runner must finish 21.1 km within three and a half hours (3 hours 30 minutes).
- Please Note: After the stipulated cutoff times for each progressive km distance, calculated at a running speed of 9.15 per Km, the runner will be asked to either get into the sweep vehicle and receive a DNF (Did Not Finish) for the race or may be asked run on the footpath / sidewalk at their own risk, as roads will be have to be opened to the regular vehicular traffic. Please note: course support (volunteers, entertainment, water, energy drinks, food or medical aid) cannot be guaranteed after the cutoff times.
Bib/Race Kit Collection
Race Kit can be collected at the Expo
Venue: Gammon India Mall
Date: 28th & 29th November, 2019
Time: 10 AM - 6PM
The runners who are from out of station can collect their race kit on November 30th from 10 AM-5PM.
- A runner will be allowed to run the race only with an official Race BIB issued by the organizers of the RBR 2019 Bhopal Half Marathon.
- You must show your Race BIB when asked to do so by a race official or the police at any time on race day.
- A runner can be disqualified from the race, if their BIB is altered in any way or tampered with.
- You will not be allowed to enter the Start Area or Finish Area without your Race BIB.
- You can be stopped by a race official if your Race BIB is not displayed properly and removed from the course if you do not have a BIB.
- Please display your BIB on your front, pinned to your shirt on the chest area.
- Do not bend, tamper or remove your RFID timing chip from the back of your BIB.
- Kindly fill all the required details including emergency contacts and any medical conditions on the back of your BIB. This is very important for your personal safety!
- Your Race BIB should have the RFID Timing Tag attached to the back to have your timings recorded and receive an official finish time and finisher's certificate.
Timing Chip / RFID Tag
- The Full Marathon is an officially timed race and every registered runner will be given a pre-assigned RFID timing chip along with the Race BIB.
- You have to cross all the timing mats on the course including the start and finish mats to receive your correct finish time and a finisher's certificate.
Damaging the RFID tag might render your results invalid.
- The RBR 2019 Half marathon course is a one way, point-to-point course.
- The course has a net gain in elevation from start to finish. Please study the elevation gains properly and evaluate your capabilities.
- Even though the course will be closed to vehicular traffic and will be manned by police and race volunteers, you will have to be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- You will have to follow the instructions of the police, route marshals or race officials at all times.
- There will be about 17 water and aid stations along the course.
- Toilets will be available at the Start, along the course and finish Area.
- A medical aid station with health care professionals will be near every water station and ambulances placed along the route.
- A field hospital / medical station will be available at the finish point for any medical emergencies.
- You will have various entertainment stations along the route.
- Please give way to any emergency vehicles and let them pass you safely.
Note: * subject to change
All registered participants are entitled to:
- All race related instructions and communications
- A technical fabric short - sleeved official race t-shirt (your preferred size based on stock availability on a first come basis)
- Access to the Health & fitness Marathon Expo
- A runner's race kit given at the Race Expo
- An official race BIB
- A RFID electronic timing tag along with your race BIB
- Access to the Start Area amenities and entertainment
- Baggage Check/Counter facilities
- Permission to run on the official marathon route with a visible race BIB
- Water, energy drinks and snacks along the route.
- Entertainment along the course
- Medical aid
- A world-class, official Full marathon finisher's medal upon completing the race.
- Post race refreshments
Prize money is only for Elite category runners.